Laser Doppler Anemometry (LDA), also known as Laser Doppler Velocimetry (LDV), is an optical technique ideal for non-intrusive 1D, 2D and 3D point measurement of velocity and turbulence distribution in both free flows and internal flows.
Science and industry apply our Laser Doppler Anemometry systems to gain a clearer understanding of fluid mechanics. The measurement results are important steps in fine-tuning product designs to improve aerodynamic efficiency, quality and safety.
- Non intrusive.
- No calibration required.
- Velocity range 0 to supersonic.
- One, two or three velocity components simultaneously.
- Measurement distance from centimeters to meters.
- Flow reversals can be measured.
- High spatial and temporal resolution.
- Instantaneous and time averaged.